Thursday 16 April 2015

Wrapped Co.

I made these wrapping paper designs in response to an email we got about Wrapped Co.

I did them quickly because it was right after the ycn deadline so i'd been otherwise preoccupied.

The first one was called grubblies and is a pattern of little wormy critters
I just started making curved marks with a bristled photoshop brush until they formed a leopard esque pattern. I added some darker pink using pixel lock and shading indiscriminately, which made it look more leopard-printy, and that was not what I was going for, so I added little googly eyes to them all so they became creatures. I think theyre cute, and theyre also gross.


I also made this rather experimental pattern which was just the result of playing carelessly on photoshop. I didn't intend to submit it but then i noticed it looked like bus seat covers and that was funny so I did. I quite like it now.



This brief was really good because the designs were mocked up onto paper and printed and used as wrapping paper, which was a nice thing to see done in a professional manor, it made my bus seats pattern look way better.




its so cute and it goes so well with laurens wrapping paper below it.
So overall I'm contented with my contribution to this site. I got to have fun making weird patterns and also got to see them wrapped around a gift as if it was real proper paper. How fancy


No comments:

Post a Comment