Sunday 12 April 2015

Film Doo Drawings

I decided to only do three posters for Cabaret, Ferris Bueller and Harold and Maude. I dropped my plans for Goodfellas because they were too complicated and I don't think that movie best suits my way of drawing, and I dropped Office Space too because I don't think there's enough time to do it well.
For Harold and Maude I used a brown coloured pencil for the lines and painted it in watercolour. I like the soft yellowed 70's vibe it has, but it's a little washed out. Photoshop will solve that. It's often much quicker and easier to do a drawing by hand because I'm better at it so the outcome will be acceptable in a shorter time, but it has the constraints of using real paper. For this reason I'm combining the two in these posters. Especially cabaret where I've drawn the lines in ink pen and intend to colour it in digitally. This seemed like the best plan because drawing the whole image with the nazis behind and painting it all seemed like a big task. I drew five nazis so I could repeat them without it being too noticeable. They are going to be saluting in the opposite direction to Sally's leg, experimenting with line of sight and whatnot.
The Ferris drawing I chose to use the image of them in the car on the way to the city because its where the story/day really begins and depicts the excitement of the movie. I intended to have a side view of the car because I thought it'd look best that way but there was no available reference imagery of that angle and I didn't want to spend too long on this drawing, so I changed it to an more available angle.


No comments:

Post a Comment