Sunday 26 January 2014

Mock up

Here's my mock up for the book. It was quite a struggle fitting the panels onto a4 sheets because although id been working in panels of the right size I hadn't been planning the panels inside an a4 space. Had there been more time I would've done a second plan where I arranged the panels and controlled the flow of them better, instead of just trying to squash them all in.
 I had to change the panels in the first sequence as they didnt fit onto a4, i added a long panel at the top to establish the scene and flipped this arrangement upside down for the next page so the last frame would pan out to show the park and a scream (like in all the naffest horror films}
 I switched these panels because they didnt make sense
 trying some dramatic viewpoints
 here I cut out some panels to allow the story to flow more smoothly, there were too many shots of his lifeless body and the hats swarming
 After making this mock up i went back and removed these pages because the book was unrealistically long. These pages were the most expendable as they really just slowed down the rhythm for no reason
 I shuffled these panels round after removing one and ended up with a similar layout to the first two pages, then reflected. I needed a large establishing panels, 4 consecutive readable ones, 4 more, then a long one for the puffa jacket to pounce
This is where I changed the last panels into one large one, it looked less confusing than my final idea. On the previous page I wanted 4 quick panels to show the hat guys actions in detail, then a pan out one to isolate them among the swarm of 'zombies'

No comments:

Post a Comment