Monday 27 January 2014

Finished book

I finished, hazaar. Nothing went drastically wrong and I now have my main book and mini books ready for the crit. Digital print is expensive though, £15 for the green a4 book. Although had I known making the book pages exactly a4, spread onto one a3 sheet, would require me to print onto a2 paper I would have definielty made each page just under a4. I thought I would be saving myself time as it wouldnt need trimming but this was far from the case.
It took me much longer to bind than I anticipated as I struggled to remember how to do it. I managed it in the end with some assistance, and learnt to use the scary guillotine. 


Because I used a thicker paper for the cover than for the pages the ink made a slightly different light green when printing. Apparently no one else could tell but it bugged me a little. I've learnt I have to register the colours... which i think is cmd + y? I'll definitely try this next time as even the thin paper pages printed out much darker than I expected

This is the inside of one of the smaller books. I quite like how it turned out in black and white, its much more muted. 













No comments:

Post a Comment