Thursday 11 February 2016

Storyboard

 In the process of making my storyboard ledgible and fitting it onto actual pages rather than scrawling ideas at random. 

The page size I've gone for at the minute is 27x25 because I like working in a square but an actual square is too square.

I'm working with panels as comics are what I tend to do but I want to see how this can work in childrens books.

The book is to be 32 pages with 12 story spreads so I'm now working on fitting my story into the amount of pages acutally available, as previously I was working to 32 pages wihtout thinking about all the non-story pages. 

I won't make the final imagery digitally but this is an easy way of blocking out the compositions, panels and general visual flow of the story, and I think its more engaging to see a colour storyboard than a pencil line one, especially as colour will be a main focus of the imagery.

This is page one. 23 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment