Tuesday 23 February 2016

First Page Progress

I have made a start on the imagery for Tantrum O'Furrily

I drew these rooftops, with Adam's help, which were based on the rooftops in Mary Poppins when they sing Step in Time. 

http://www.mbetancourt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-Shot-2013-07-16-at-4.44.12-PM.png

I used this nice brown pencil thats quite waxy so it has a really fuzzy line


It was too big to scan in one go.  

Then I put them in Photoshop and made some spooky night time sky
Then I put the smoke on because that is how I am demonstrating the wild and windiness of the night. 


I highlihghted it and the buildings in yellow, and coloured the builing in various shades of night timey blue.

Then I made the smoggy background more colourful as feedback deemed it too dull


 Much nicer

I wanted the curly handwriting on it but it was taking forever to write everything out and scan it in so I tried making a typeface out of my handwriting.
This is a mostly useless endeavour unless you're using the smoothest of smooth brushes because it makes each letter a vector type thing and messes it all up in the process.
As demonstrated here.  

 This is what I put into the generator
 This is what came out
It looks like Curlz MT.



Nope thanks nope...

So I gave up on the curly handwriting and used Futura instead.

Much more efficient.

Next I have to do the rest of the text and put the cats in.
I'm going to try and get some text in the wider smoke plumes but this may be an enormas faff.

No comments:

Post a Comment