Tuesday 29 March 2016

Colouring

I was going to colour it digitally with Big Wide Softy but five minutes in I've decided this looks a disaster so I have devised a new plan.

What I want is the texture of water colour inside my linework.
This might be because I just bought these sets of watercolours
Look how beautiful


Ideally I would just paint around the linework I already did EXCEPT I went and did it in a horrid green cos I liked the transfer of that particular pencil despite the heinous colour, and I was changing it on photoshop anyway, so now if I painted into that either the linework would be ugly green or the paint colour would be changed beyond recognition.

So plan B, using a lightbox to project the linework onto a blank sheet I have painted in the loose shapes of all the objects.


 This one looks like some edgy abstract composition kinda thing

They look pretty garbage like this but I have a plan
TRUSTTTT MEEEE
I've tried to get as much texturey brushyness in as possible, disregarding neatness around the edges.

So now I have to put them into the linework one by one.
It better work cos it's already taken most of the day to get to this point

No comments:

Post a Comment