Monday 28 March 2016

Lines

Drawn out the lines for the second final
The text for this page is
And softly, softly Smallpaw crept out of the kitchen…softly softly Smallpaw walked down the Hall…and softly softly she put her nose out the catflap and into the darkness….
Sniffing, sniffing, sniffing for a story just for her.

There was a sense of slowness and distance in this bit I think, so I depicted this long hallway, to show the space and slow movement. Tantrum is very small in the image which I think shows the calm creeping of the movement, if it were a more instant movement it would take up more of the frame.

I filled the page with objects for several reasons.
1, to slow down the pace of this page with stationary objects
2, As a child I loved pages where there was loads of imagery to look at for ages and I would look at it for ages, so I'm trying to recreate this.
3, drawing household objects is reeeal fun

The banana candle was an ornamant my nanny had and i thought it was cool but they sent it to the charity shop when she died

The face vase is a cool vase I saw in a shop that said celery and had a weird face but it was like £8 and i couldnt justify spending that on a vase so I continue to search for one at a reasonable price

The chicken painting resembles the one in my hallway which was a gift from Les my 86 year old colleague, he used house paint and uhu glue to get it shiny

The rest of the stuff I made up, except the not-smeg fridge

Now I'm gonna colour it in on photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment