Tuesday 25 November 2014

Alan Moore Quotes to consider (a post in progress)

I've no objection to the term 'graphic novel,' as long as what it is talking about is actually some sort of graphic work that could conceivably be described as a novel. My main objection to the term is that usually it means a collection of six issues of Spider-Man, or something that does not have the structure or any of the qualities of a novel, but is perhaps roughly the same size.
Good quote but not very visual, summarises opinions towards famed medium though

Life isn’t divided into genres. It’s a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel.
Very visual, perhaps too short? Combine with other quotes but how? 

I despise the comic industry, but I will always love the comic medium.
Again, not instinctively visual but could be worked with, short so combine with others? 

Sexually progressive cultures gave us mathematics, literature, philosophy, civilization and the rest, while sexually restrictive cultures gave us the Dark Ages and the Holocaust. 
Demonstrates racier side of personality, very visual and a good length for full animation
 did an interview where I was asked for the best advice I'd been given. I couldn'€™t think of anything, so I read from the back of a packet of Swan Vestas matches by the phone: "Keep in a dry place, keep away from children and strike gently away from the body." They'd written it up without any sense of irony.
Requires condensing but well summarised

I suppose that the main drive is to find the edge of something and then throw myself over it.
Good summary of creative practice, visual and could go with other shorter quotes, consider how to compile these in a non-fragmented way, would it be too against the brief to have ten second stings about documentary? Probably

The movements of the mind don’t follow any linear pattern, they can’t be explained with a mechanistic, clockwork view. 
Focus on creative practice?

On my 40th birthday, rather than merely bore my friends by having something as mundane as a midlife crisis I decided instead to terrify them by going completely mad and declaring myself a magician 
Explores other aspects of crazy life but perhaps too long to not be focus of animation, which takes away from point of 'documentary' 

TBC


    No comments:

    Post a Comment