Monday 19 January 2015

FINAL PRINTS

I finally got five vaguely acceptable prints onto my chosen paper.
They still each have their own glaring problems, but they're the best I've managed.
I chose the light sand paper because the colour of it most complimented the colours in my designs and it was sturdier and more successful to print on than the sugar paper and newsprint in similar shades.
I ever solved the ozymandias print problem so I have chosen the print where it's least noticable.
Same with the blue ink on the rorschach print and the orange marks and colour similarity on the nite owl print and the general over-distress of the dr Manhattan print. In fact they all went wrong to the very end except the comedian, which still isn't great
I don't think screen print is really for me, I am clumsy and have no upper body strength which makes the whole process a battle. I started to get the hang of it by the end but I think thats just because I'd already made every mistake possible so there was nothing left for me to do wrong, which still didn't stop me repeating my errors. I suppose it's a learning curve.

Rejected finals











Chosen finals







No comments:

Post a Comment