Friday 11 April 2014

Jim Henson - Planning and Development



Decided to use Jim and Kermit idea, trying it in poster context

Trying out some fonts which I probably won't end up using but I like the colours of the second page, they seem to suit the project.

Selecting colours, I had a vague idea what I want but need to get a good mix of tones and complimentary but dissimilar colours so I can mix them to make lots more colours.

Decided on a toned down version of these colours, there will be more choice in Photoshop. Tried it with curtains, theatre style to reference the Muppet Show, I think it looks a bit cluttered though
Tried switching them around so Jim is the puppet, then found on pinterest it'd been done before

Finalising the composition.

Desingning stamps, thinking of things to put in the embelisments that represent the characters. Reeds and leaves for Kermit, for the swamp at the beginning of The Muppet Movie.


Stars and make up brushes for miss piggy.

Rubber chickens for Fozzie, potentially wakka wakka in the background, drum sticks for animal. He'll be leaping out of the frame, rather than sat in profile, in true Animal style

ADD OLD STAMPS

I started to make these ideas but half way through decided they were'nt consistant with the poster so I went back to developing and changed them to be more similar in structure to the poster with the rainbow in the background and the same colours. 

Replanning stamps and planning post cards. Didn't leave enough time to plan postcards as much as I'd have liked to. I was originally going to use scenes from musical numbers in Jim's works but I couldn't think of enough good ones and it was taking me too long to work out how to draw the Goblin King in a fitting way. I've decided instead to use Sesame Street characters.



No comments:

Post a Comment