Friday 28 February 2014

That's Pants - GIF

This is our final gif. We decided to chose the idea of the parcel unwrapping itself. It ended up being less or an ordeal than I originally anticipated. We collected boxes with ease from around the collage, then roughly planned how they would be stacked within each other and what shots we were going to take, then went to Hyde Park and had all the pictures taken within an hour. The freezing rain didn't help as we had to work extra fast to avoid the boxes disintegrating, and we had to put a plastic bag over the camera to protect it, but we managed it and the boxes remained in tact with the exception of a few muddy footprints. 
After taking the photographs we had to arrange them into a gif, which at first was quite straight forward but then we encountered problems whilst saving it for the web and had to consult the technician who fixed our errors. 
Overall I think we were all pleased with how the gif turned out. It displays our points of both how wasteful the packaging is and how irritating it is to open. We introduced a hint of irony by making the object a recycling key ring, which raises another issue which is related to the topic. I'm pleased with the stop motion-esque aesthetic we achieved as well, I think it makes it more lively and interesting than if it had been a person unwrapping the box. 
It was strange to work as part of a group because there were other people affected by my actions, or lack thereof, so I think it made me more productive as I didn't want to drag everyone else down or be that annoying group member who does nothing. There was a lot less to do though because all of the tasks were split between four people so I often felt like I wasn't doing much, but it gave me time to work on other projects and drawing for fun ( a rare treat). It was good to have four different people contributing ideas too, as we all had different thought processes so it meant that we had plenty ideas in very little time, and it was fun to pursue an idea I would have never chosen if working alone, and in a completely unfamiliar medium because it meant the results were nothing like the work any of us usually create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment