Wednesday 5 February 2014

Composition

In keeping with my horror movies theme I chose to draw a girl running away from Frankenstein, who has a sad harmless face.
My initial idea was pretty similar to what I ended up doing, except the angle was more dramatic

I tried some different compostitions, the top one was far too dull and would require too much focus on the background, the one below made very little sense. 


I tried some silly ones and the same scene I started with from different angles

Again, more angles, and an abstract giant-face-in-the-sky one, none of these were better than my revised intial idea though, so I went with that

I drew it out in brush pen, adding a castle and hills in the background.


Then I scanned it into photoshop and coloured it in. I chose to do it all in blue, despite planning in green, because I started by making the scenery appear like nighttime with the dark blue and then decided to make it monotone. I think its more harmonious this way, it's still quite rough as the shadows and highlights are blocky and the drawing is a bit off, but it turned out pretty decent for a quick brief solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment