Wednesday 30 October 2013

Visual Language - Drawing from reference

-draw each picture you brought in a minimum of three times using a variey of monochrome media.

Here are what I thought were some of my more successful drawings from this task. I enjoyed it because I drew images I wouldn't usually do and its been a while since I've drawn from a photograph just for the reason of creating a drawing. The restrictions of colour made me thing more about how I use lines to shade, such as in the ice skater drawings where I developed an angled scribbling technique to suggest the direction of fabric. I liked taking quite complex images and simplifying them to quite cartoony line drawings, it made me think about how useful reference images are, because there's no way I'd have managed to draw a plane without. Also the repetition of each image meant I developed a sort of familiarity and muscle memory for the shapes I was drawing meaning each subsequent drawing would be easier, so in future when trying to draw something I'll know to tackle it multiple times before I get to know what I'm doing. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment