Thursday 19 May 2016

Summative Statement

During this module I have had the chance to explore different aspects of my practice.
I've had quite a focus on developing different processes for different purposes, using combinations of digital and analogue media and I've figured out which ones are suitable for different themes and time frames. My traditional process has developed the most, following on from what I learnt in COP I have invested time in re-honing my technical analogue skills, something I haven't really done since A Level when that was the only option. Doing this in the context of my illustrative practise has been valuable to my work and I think the visual quality has improved across the year.
The briefs I selected have allowed me to explore different avenues my practice could go down. I've tried things I wanted to like book cover illustration, editorial, album covers and childrens book illustration. I wanted to move away from making just comics as it isnt that lucrative or realistic a career path and in trying to work in these different sectors I have opened up new possibilities and contexts for my work to exist in.
From this point I want to hone both of these developments. My processes are just forming and I'm excited to see where rigourous practise will take them and how they will develop with the different briefs I take on. I also want to explore more areas my work could exist in, but also develop upon the ones I've figured out work for me, like childrens book illustration. I would be interested in trying advertising and promotional work, to see how this would affect my practice and how my work would fit into that sector.
For the next year I want to take any work that's coming to me, and refine my process and aesthetic as I think it's starting to develop an individual tone of voice and visual quality which will hopefully aid my career in finding direction and an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment