Tuesday 3 March 2015

secret 7"

Follow Hollie's board Secret 7" on Pinterest.
i thought it would be funny to put anthropomorphised rabbits in them all
it probably isn't
this one is for go by the maccabees
it sounded quite bleak and vaguely journey themed
i didnt really plan this image, except mentally, which i dont often do because i usually plan rigorously and dont draw anything until the end, but it was quite liberating to just make an image and it be done. 
I wont adopt this as my new process though because i think better outcomes come from planning ahead, but perhaps a mixture of the two approaches would benefit me
I've been experimenting with textured brushes and using pixel lock to lay the textures over sharper shapes. It's grand fun and I like the way it looks because its a combination of crisp digital and grainy analogue
had to make a pin board to learn how to draw rain, but I think this one turned out pretty well. I was mostly just playing with excessive textured brushes. Fun fun 


Follow Hollie's board how to draw rain on Pinterest.


i dont really know whats going on with this one..... 
I was just playing around in photoshop and then it started looking okay so I added the rabbit men and submitted it for born slippy
i played with gradients mostly which i havent used before
theyre very handy and fun to experiment with because theyre slightly unpredictable 
i think the ethereal pattern and the spaced out bunny men suit the sound of the song 
i still dont know if i like it though, its a bit strange and unlike my usual work
oh well maybe itll grow on me 




No comments:

Post a Comment