Saturday 2 April 2016

Repeat Pattern

Making a repeat pattern for crispin
I've spent a load of time trying to think of like a theme or something to make a pattern from and I can't so I  just used like smiley heads, looks alright though.

Here's the lines





















It's a fun unwindy brief in the midst of all this other stuff going on, PPP and kids books and all that

Scanned and coloured it, as such.





















I did it on the cintiq so it did that thing where when you put it back over to the normal screen its a completely different colour. It was bright sunshiney yellows but it made it durgy and gross

I altered it slightly when making the repeat tile.
Paul showed me how to do the repeat thing its real cool.
Well, there's a few ways of doing it but I used Paul's which was Filter > Offset and that moves the image over a bit so you can make that smooth to the rest of the image and then do it with all sides.


















It's kinda confusing but it worked.
There's also the quarters way where you quarter it and then put them in the opposite corners but that didn't look right on this occaision

Here is my repeating tile
 




















The colours went awful again





















Here's the corrected, but not ideal, colours with the tile repeated four times

Pretty pleased with the result
I think it repeats pretty seamlessly

I liked this I'd do it again
I need to make the painted patterns I did repeatable tiles as well

No comments:

Post a Comment