Friday 6 December 2013

Collage

I really like this collage I made, it took quite a while but I think it worked out well. I used nice bright patterned papers for the zombies outfits as in the picture they all wore depressing burial clothes, so I figured it'd be fun to make the imagery light-hearted. The faces, limbs and details I drew in coloured pencil and made the background figures out of one colour of paper to make them recede.  I would like to have done more work like this but it was so time consuming to cut out small detailed pieces.

Here I just used two large pieces of peach paper to make the door frame and one for his face, to avoid the time consuming process of the last image. I drew into it with different colours of marker pen. I chose to do it in shades of pink to contrast with the horror of the scene, in a similar vein to the previous collage, there's something nice about making horrid scenes look pretty. 

I used three paper cuttings, one for the mask, one for the body and one for the sword. I picked a feminine pattern for his clothes because it's fun to emasculate villains. I used the same process as before by working into the cuttings with marker pen. 

This is a stencil I made previously for the texture brief but I thought the texture left on it was pretty good so I stuck it down and added features. It could've done with more work, or I could've explored using hand made textured papers more but really I just wanted to make use of this scrap paper. 

Same process as before, I used a spotty paper because it was the right colour but amply cute to make Pinhead ridiculous. I added the details in marker again. 

Once again the same process but I managed to mess up the shadows of the face so he looks even more malformed than intended. 

This was a piece of paper I painted onto to make a mottled skin texture, the detail is a bit too messy though.

I did the same again but added white tipex highlights which i think make the face less dull, then for fun I added as many screaming faces as I could find in the newspaper, most of them rowdy sportsmen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment